Grain Storage Management
Monitor stock feed or grain levels in silos – “the days of throwing stones at the side of the silo are over”. Manage your silos and never run out of feed again or suffer waste from over filling. From the perspective of a mill, this enhances production efficiency by being able to plan commodity batches and coordinate delivery more effectively. From the perspective of a farm, feed usage can be coordinated with feed consumption to provide genuine husbandry output with regard to food and water efficiency and stock health. This applies equally to dairies, poultry farms and piggeries. Modern management also takes into account temperature, moisture content and CO2 levels as indicators of pests, fungus and bacteria. It isn't just about levels, especially if you are storing for a long period of time.
Typical solutions cost less than $12,000, plus installation, for a three silo site.
- Display predicted days to empty and tonnes remaining.
- Monitor and display feed usage rates and delivered tonnage.
- Set re-order level alerts.
- Monitor stored commodity CO2, humidity and moisture content.
- Provide long term trend analysis of contents, usage rates, refills and tonnes used.
- Provide automatic aggregation across multiple farms.